Note from Infinitum: We received this feedback from a customer from Australia who revived his deep cycle marine battery from the dump to a fully functioning battery! We particularly loved the candid way it was written and left it completely unedited:
We recently bought one of your 12V Infinitum Desulphators, intended for a former UK Colleague, but owing to the problems posting it to him in time for Christmas, we thought we’d give it a go ourselves!
ALWAYS a bit suspicious of much-vaunted claims, so to be honest we were not expecting anything really spectacular. Thought I’d try it out on an old (and rather abused) marine engine start battery which had been “living outdoors” for some time.
Although the electrolyte levels were OK, the battery wouldn’t accept ANY (and I really DO mean ANY) charge whatsoever, such that I had to keep it on trickle charge just to get the desulphator to work! Thought this would be a useful test of any capability, so left the charger and desulphator connected for two weeks, desulphating away happily.
At the end of the fortnight, disconnected the charger, and, surprise, the little green light stayed on – and kept staying on for a further 16 days! Upshot is we now have a seemingly fully functional battery that charges well (accepts a high charge current without overheating), retains the charge (for weeks), and can easily start a 4 litre marine diesel – and remember this battery was effectively “scrap”!
The Infinitum gadget is currently desulphating:
The Isuzu’s a 24 volt set up, and we’ll be buying your 24 volt version soon – and leaving it permanently connected to the engine start battery set.
We would be more than happy to let any other future customers know just how good this little gadget is – and please feel free to include this e-mail in your Customer Comments section!
Thanking you again for what is a surprisingly very effective little “box of tricks”
Best regards from us both,
Phil & Timea Spendley
Nowra, NSW, Australia
Banner image by John Cooke
"I bought one of these after reading some research papers on the effects of desulfators on old batteries. I had left my lights on for 3 days and the battery was so dead it couldn't light up my dashboard, let alone turn the engine over.
It took a week, but that was probably me not realising that the electrolyte needed topping up. The day after I had topped it up and set it on charge overnight, it worked like new. Pity I had already bought a new battery for my Kawasaki ZX-6R, but it's now a spare that is worth more than I paid for the Infinitum Desulfator.
I have a few 2nd hand batteries that I used in a solar setup. They have sulfated and not been used for about a year. I’m reviving one as I type this."
North Rocks, NSW, Australia
DOUBLE YOUR BATTERY LIFESPAN